Malaysia is a famous tourist destination for some individuals in Southeast Asia. It is likewise a popular travel country for voyagers wanting to visit different nations in the locale. You will require a travel visa to go through the country.
Be that as it may, a travel visa isn’t needed assuming that you travel through Malaysia and remain under 24 hours. Be that as it may, a travel visa is required in the event that you stay over 24 hours however under 60 days. The travel visa permits you to remain in Malaysia for the length of your visit, given that you keep on gathering the states of your visa. You should likewise introduce a ticket or other confirmation of your forward movement upon landing in your last objective
What you need to know about Malaysia
Malaysia, formally the Federal Republic of Malaysia, is a nation situated on the southern shoreline of Southeast Asia. Malaysia’s adjoining nations are north, east, and west: Indonesia toward the northwest, Thailand toward the north, and Vietnam toward the east. Toward the south lies Brunei, with which Malaysia shares a sea line.
The country has an area of 329,847 square kilometers (128,542 sq mi). This makes it one of the world’s smallest via land region yet one of its most crowded countries with north of 30 million people. The capital city of Malaysia is Kuala Lumpur. Malaysia is home to a huge ethnic Chinese populace as well as significant minorities of Malaysians of Indian plunge (the Malayali people group), Europeans (the Portuguese people group), East Asians (the Hokkien people group), and others. The authority dialects are Malay and English.
What is a Malaysia Transit Visa?
Malaysia Transit Visa permits travel to and from Malaysia for a period not exceeding 30 days. This is a non-immigrant visa, where the holder cannot stay in Malaysia for an extended period. Therefore, the transit visa is valid only if the traveler plans to leave Malaysia within 30 days after entry and does not intend to stay in Malaysia for an extended period.
Advantages of a Malaysia Transit Visa
The following among the benefits of getting a Malaysia Transit Visa:
- You can stay for up to 30 days and travel within Malaysia without having to obtain a visa every time you enter.
- You can stay in any city or town in Malaysia for as long as you like, without worrying about restrictions on where you can go.
- You will not need to provide proof of funds when applying for a transit visa; all that is required is your passport size photo and a copy of your onward ticket.
- Your passport will be stamped upon entry and exit from Malaysia, meaning you will have proof of your visit.
Malaysia Transit Visa Exemptions
Residents of the countries below are exempt from the transit visa requirement when traveling through Malaysia:
Nationals of these countries who hold a valid passport and an onward ticket can stay in Malaysia for up to 30 days without obtaining a transit visa.
Eligibility Criteria for a Malaysia Transit Visa
The following are the eligibility criteria for a Malaysia transit visa:
- You must have a valid passport at least six months beyond your planned stay in Malaysia.
- Travel on a foreign passport, not a Malaysian one.
- Have proof of onward travel, such as tickets, itineraries, or letters from your destination country confirming your onward travel dates.
- Have adequate finances to cover your expenses while in Malaysia.
- Not have any criminal record or any outstanding warrants of arrest.
How to Apply for a Malaysia Transit Visa
On the off chance that you intend to go to Malaysia, you will initially have to get a visa. Notwithstanding, getting a visa can be confounding, so we have placed together an aide on applying for a Malaysia travel visa.
Ideally, let’s visit your closest Malaysian department or government office to start the application interaction. There, you should give your visa data and documentation demonstrating your genuine justification behind making a trip to Malaysia.
Then, you will finish up an application structure and pay the charges. When the application is finished, you should submit it alongside the necessary records to your closest Malaysian international safe haven or department.
The needed documents to apply for a Malaysia Transit Visa
Required documents to apply for a Malaysia Transit Visa include;
- A passport valid for at least six months after the intended date of departure from Malaysia
- A return air ticket
- One recent passport photo
- Evidence of sufficient funds (for example, a bank statement, traveler’s cheque)
- Proof of onward travel (for example, confirmation of hotel reservation, letter from employer)
- Proof that you have health insurance coverage during your stay in Malaysia (if required)
Malaysia Transit Visa Processing time
Malaysia is a popular destination for transit travel for people entering and exiting the country. The Malaysian immigration department has developed a well-oiled visa processing system that ensures visitors are processed quickly and efficiently.
The typical travel visa handling time is something like ten days. Guests with legitimate visas and passport(s) can enter Malaysia without going through migration methods once more.
This implies that guests don’t have to invest energy getting their visas handled and afterward holding up in line at the migration work area. All things being equal, they can show their visas to the aircraft or boundary designated spot work force when they show up in Malaysia.
Do I need a transit visa for a layover?
Yes, you will need a transit visa for a layover if you are heading to a foreign country from an international airport within your home country. However, you do not need a transit visa for a layover if you are traveling between two airports in the same country.
At last, the Malaysia Transit Visa is a brilliant choice for explorers searching for a momentary visa that will permit them to go all through the country. It is likewise simple and can be finished in only a couple of hours. We trust this guide will be of help to you when you intend to go through Malaysia.